Embrace the TYR Community

What's going at TYR? This is behind the scenes of TYR for our internal folk. Click on pictures to enlarge and the videos to play.
We look forward to keeping you in the know during this Olympic season.

August 5, 2008

Singapore Training Trip


Mark took time from his busy training session to visit the local culture in Singapore. He visited the Raffles Hotel, a famous historic landmark in the city. With a strict dress code for visitors, Mark ran back to the hotel to wear his finest attire.

Mark talks about the experience...

"Unfortunately I arrived too late to participate in the afternoon tea, but I wandered around the hotel lobby and courtyard and got a picture taken in the historic Billiard Room.  I also went to the Long Bar (located in the Raffles Hotel), site for the creation of the Singapore Sling.  As a member of the USA Swimming Swim Team I am bound by an honor code not to consume any alcoholic beverage until after the Olympics, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity completely, so I ordered the famous drink virgin style. This may be my only time in Singapore and as the local saying goes: “Where else should one partake of the Singapore Sling but at the Raffles Hotel.”

No comments: